LOWER DIVISION CHORAL INSTRUCTOR
The Marin Girls Chorus, located just north of San Francisco, seeks an exceptional and dynamic lower elementary teaching artist. The ideal candidate should have a degree in Music, significant teaching experience, and above all, a love for teaching young children the importance of musical literacy and vocal technique. Piano skills and a vocal/choral background are a plus, as are certifications in Orff and/or Kodaly. To learn more about the Marin Girls Chorus, please visit www.marinchorus.org. This position begins September, 2017.
Position duties and description:
- Plan and conduct weekly rehearsals, Wednesdays 3:30-6:15pm, at Miller Creek Middle School (approx. 3 hours per week) during Spring and Fall semesters. Chorus classes are concurrent with the school year, approx. Sept to mid-December and January to May.
- Coordinate programming and work collaboratively with current Lower Division instructor who teaches Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Incorporate music theory curriculum into weekly rehearsals
- Select appropriate repertoire, as approved by the Artistic Director
- Work with the Artistic Director to build and grow the current scope of the Lower Division
- Conduct all Lower Division performances and outreach concerts: two full chorus concerts in December and May; and additional performances opportunities as scheduled, in addition to weekly teaching time.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, confident delivery of information, knowledgeable explanations, patient & positive attitude
- Fully prepare for rehearsals and performances in advance
- Provide timely student evaluations, once per semester
- Attend monthly faculty meetings
- Attend and assist with vocal placement hearings in January and August
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Music Performance or Music Education
- Teaching experience at the lower elementary level
- Sight-reading, solfege, vocal technique, and conducting skills
- Collaborative spirit and positive attitude
- A love for teaching young children the importance of musical literacy and vocal technique
- Required to work occasional weekends/evenings during concert season and attend Chorus events
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience within the salary guidelines of Marin Girls Chorus. This is an hourly, part-time position.
Qualified candidates should send a resume to: email@example.com or mail to Marin Girls Chorus, Post Office Box 905, Novato, CA 94948BOARD
We are currently seeking new board members.
If interested, please fill out the form below and we will get right back to you.